far far away

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I was gonna write last night, but for some reason my blog didn't show up when I signed in. Weird!

I made dinner!! For four!! And people said they liked it!! I hope they weren't lying, just to make me feel better. AND, as far as I know, no one got indigestion - at least, I didn't.

Cooking today, made everything a little better. In my 3+ weeks in Australia, I haven't cooked once... nothing beyond instant noodles, sandwiches, or reheating stuff. My roommates have been really good to me, and have been feeding me. But you know, I feel guilty, and don't want to be too much of a burden.

OH! I ate kangaroo!! But that was actually a while ago, on my first day in Australia, at some fancy-pants restaurant at Darling Harbour in Sydney. I haven't seen a wild kangaroo yet, but I hear they're close-by. Supposedly, if I go bush walking (hiking) in the mountains right behind my dorm, I'll run into some. I'm kinda scared I'll get kicked by one ... maybe I'll go on the weekend and explore.

Okay, getting a little sleepy. Now I know this works, I'll try to come back regularly. BYE!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear they have Ribena in Australia. I love that drink! I used to have it all the time when I was a kid. We used to buy the juice syrup concentrate and mix it with water to taste.
Lucky you!

February 27, 2005 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home