Howdy-do to you.
I went to the Royal Canberra Show this past Saturday, and had so much fun. Took a picture with a HUGE cow (my friend said, "now i know what they mean when they say, 'she's a cow'." Saw fireworks. Bought a Freddo showbag (Freddo is a chocolate frog that everybody loves). AND, I watched a camel race!! It's very jumpity. I don't think camels are accustomed to running.
Hmmm... Friday night I went to my mentor's house. She's an anatomical pathologist (does autopsies on babies), lectures our class, and had SIX kids. And, her husband's a doctor too. Crazy! Even more crazy was this fourth year Univ. Sydney guy, who was performing neurological surgeries while he was in South Africa for his elective.
I'm also buying myself a spiffy stethoscope. Well, not sure how spiffy it'll be, b/c I'm not buying the Cardiologist model, but spiffy for me cuz I've never had one before. I'm just gonna sit in my room and listen to my heartbeat and breathing for an hour after I get it.
So I've been thinking about me and Australia. It doesn't feel weird. In some ways, it feels like I've been here for forever. On the other hand, I can't believe I've been away from home for a month already. It's really weird how a person can adapt to their surroundings so easily... Well, I have good surroundings to be adapting to, I guess - like going from -30 to +30. Haha, suckers!
Anyway, my time here feels similar to that spent in (on) Loveboat. Most people are away from home. We see the same people everyday and everynight. Cliques have formed, and gossip is flowing. People are getting sick from too much partying. And there are new adventures to be had. It's fun. It sometimes doesn't quite feel like med school. I'm really glad I'm here.
I think that's it for now. I gotta go read up on anemia. Bye!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home