far far away

Sunday, March 13, 2005

I feel so stupid. I keep forgetting my login for Blogger, and have therefore been unable to write.

It's Sunday night here, and I'm sitting in a darkened computer lab, under a strong a/c vent. It's cold! Actually, outside it's pretty hot. The weather's been like +30 C and sunny, recently. I fear for my melanoma.

My next two weeks are going to be interesting. Last Friday and this Monday are loaded up with lectures, since our class is going on trips this week. My group will be heading to a town called Goulborne, for 6 days of rural training. We will be taking the blood pressures of members of the public in shopping centres. I wonder if the town's been warned.

Other activities planned include a trip to a maximum security prison, and another to an abattoir (a slaughterhouse). Fun stuff, huh?

On a lighter note, I have a week off for Easter break, starting Sunday. That evening, I'll be heading into Sydney to meet up with Kenric - who'll be arriving Saturday from Toronto. Then on Tuesday, we'll be flying up to the Gold Coast to hang out on the beach, and check out Brisbane. Maybe I'll learn to surf!! Then on Saturday we'll be coming back to Canberra.

I'm so excited!! Over a break from school. Over a vacation. And over seeing Kenric. I miss home.

Stuff here's great, and it really isn't too different from home. But there's something about it, that just doesn't sit well with me. I can't pinpoint what it is... maybe it's being upside-down from the previous 25 yrs of my life. I can't wait to come home in June. I LOVE Toronto in the summer.

I was talking with my American friend the other day, about how my "accent" gets picked on all the time. He told me that Australians either like you, or they don't. If they like you, they tease you. If they don't, they don't even talk to you. Couldn't they find another form of affection?

OH!! One more thing. I got my (first) stethoscope on Friday. It's blue. :D

2 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Take lots of pictures at the slaughterhouse. I have a morbid fascination with the mass processing of meat. Don't ask me why.

March 15, 2005 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the stethoscope!
I was watching Hidalgo (that movie about the horse) and there was one part where the horse gets hurt. I couldn't take it because he had to cut the horse's skin to extract a stick that jabbed him above the leg. Anyway, I felt like my whole body was oging numb and tensing at the same time. I think you're pretty brave!

March 28, 2005 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home