far far away

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Watch out world!

Thursdays are 'Clinical Day' for us. It's when we learn to do stuff that we'll actually be doing one day, rather than just the background knowledge of medical stuff.

SO, this week, we did venepuncture. First we got a lecture about it, then we had a tutorial session about it, then we got to practise on a mannequin arm (that has a bag of red liquid feeding it), then we got a go at each other! I stuck a needle in someone and took out two tubes of blood!! How cool is that? It's so nerve wracking to do it to someone else. I'm accustomed to getting blood taken out of me, but I've never done it to someone else. This sure beats programming computers - at least in my books. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home