Have you ever heard of a "Labradoodle"?
Thursday = Clinical Day. We had our mock patient history sessions in the morning, as we do. We do this in groups of 7-8 students, where one person does the interview and the rest of us just watch. Today I was watching.
The situation was this guy who might be experiencing a heart attack. The "patient" was asked about his physical activeness, and he said he doesn't really excercise, except that he takes his dog for serious walks. Made me think of my brother and Jack - those are some serious walks. Then the guy continued on to say that he has a Labradoodle. I just cracked up, and continued to snicker. The tutor just glared at me. But what was I supposed to do - he said "labradoodle"!
So I googled it when I got home, and I saw this cute big dog. Apparently a labradoodle is featured in War of the Worlds. And, they may be hypo-allergenic. Definite plus. I could get one and call him 'Yankee Doodle'. He would be referred to as "Yankee Doodle, my labradoodle."
I'm signed up to be running for Secretary of our school's Med Society. I wouldn't mind doing it, but I really don't want to do a speech, or make any attempt to sell myself. We'll see how it goes. May not get it... looks like there's lots of people running.
Next week I'm meeting up with one of my lecturers. She's an anatomical pathologist - she does autopsies on babies. And she's a mother of six, married to another doctor, and has a PhD. I have no idea how she does it all. I've been to her house - she lives across the street from the Swiss embassy. I find her so incredibly intimidating. I find it difficult talking to people I don't know, especially adults, and especially those who are my superior. It's gonna be a one-on-one meeting in her office at the hospital. I'm scared. Actually, that's why I set up the meeting with her - cuz I'm scared, and I'm trying to not let my fears hold me back. I'm trying to grow up.
Labradoodle!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home