far far away

Friday, June 03, 2005

I'm sick. Just a minor something, but it sucks nonetheless. At least it's kept me home on a Friday night, working on my homework.

So is there something about me that leads to mini-dramas? Or is it just that I react to things differently than other people? Last weekend I did my laundry (4 loads!!). So as per my energy-conservation, clothes-conservation efforts, I line-dry the majority of my wash. It's been cold here recently (-3 Celsius last night), so I left my stuff out for 24 hrs to ensure it fully dries, and doesn't just get cold and remain wet.

Anyway, Sunday afternoon (peak sunshine time), I head out to collect my clothes. On the way to my clothes, I notice that someone has white pj pants with yellow ducks hanging on the line, and think that they're pretty cute. I continue on to my clothing - it's been tampered with!! Someone had rearranged all of my clothing, and taken some of my pegs. Originally, I had each item clipped up with two clips each. All of a sudden, adjacent items were clipped together, with the extra peg removed. How Rude!! I was furious!! Someone touched my clean clothes, and stole my pegs!!!!!

I found where my clips had been transplanted to -- the yellow duck pj person! Quickly, I grabbed the rest of my clothes and their associated clips. I rushed back to my flat, and wrote a note, "Hey clip thief!! How dare you steal my clips and rearrange my clothing. That's so not cool." I then returned to the drying area, removed my clips from that person's clothing, and threw their unhung clothing on top of the drying lines, and clipped up that note using two clips.

A couple of days later, my friend Tom drops by with a note that he found on the laundry room floor. "Hey line-hog, that is so uncool they are pegs you f*ing idiot!" How not nice is that? First they steal my pegs and touch my clothing, then they insult me while using profanity. My friends think I should retaliate with another note, but be meaner this time. I'm too scared to. I don't want someone touching my clothing again - but still, that really made my blood boil.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a funny story.. and yes, I definitely must agree that it's a mini-drama. You should not write another note because it's not going to get you anywhere. End with his rude note and keep it as evidence. Then wait around to see who it is and confront him/her. OR you can always get sweet revenge and put boobie-trap pegs out with permanent ink (or something just as sweet) on the inside.

Evil? Not as evil as Karla Homolka! Have you been keeping up? she really makes Canadians look scary.

June 04, 2005 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home