wild kangaroos
I went to the Kingston Bus Depot Markets today, for something new. It's like a farmer's market, but there weren't heaps of fruits and veggies, but a fair variety of preserved stuff. Definitely not as good as St. Jacob's, even without the bias of those amazing apple fritters -- oh how I miss thee.
All I bought was some turkish bread. So good, and oh-so-soft. There really wasn't much to buy, and nothing was particularly cheap.
Anyway, back to Burgmann College, I was walking back to my flat. The area I live in is sort of like townhomes/condos. They're only 3 story structures, and only 3-5 flats wide (be it a studio or a 5-bdrm flat). And we back onto some greenery. So again, I was walking back to my flat, and I was looking into the greenery on the way back. And I saw kanagaroos!! Wild ones!! There were like 10 of them too.
Then a bird squaked, and they hopped away. But only about 15m away, so I could still see them. I walked a little closer to look (I wasn't wearing my glasses), they stayed for a bit, then all hopped off again. They are funny creatures. Their hopping seems so unnatural. Reminds me of that saying where bumblebees are aerodynamically incapable of flying, but they don't know that, so they continue to fly. :)
Anyhoo, I live in the wild! Amongst the wild creatures of Australia.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home