Girls Suck!
Fred and I had dinner with Jess (my old roommate) and her parents. There were a few others at the dinner – a family friend and her son, and Jess’ friend for the gym.
So this girl from the gym is a lawyer, and didn’t seem to like me too much. To tell you the truth, the feeling is mutual, but I think for different reasons. She’s one of those arrogant chicks, who thinks she’s smarter than everyone else. I’ve never been too into people who are full of themselves, and I might even been somewhat hypersensitive towards them.
Anyway, during the evening she just gave me a hard time every time I spoke, and I barely spoke. After dinner, I unloaded to Fred about how I dislike her, and he said he had sensed hostility between us, stating that it was coming from her. Later on, Jess came up to me and asked what I thought of her friend. Trying to be diplomatic, I just said she wasn’t the type of girl I’d be tight with. She kept trying to get me to say more, but I didn’t. She said that she had also noticed that something was off between us.
Then Jess proceeded to tell me that a possible reason why her friend gave me attitude was because she thinks that Fred and Jess should be together, and thereby dislikes me.
Now how does this make sense? Why did Jess tell me this tidbit? And how am I supposed to take this? I’m not the most confident person. And there’s much speculation amongst my other friends that Jess is/was interested in Fred… AND Jess knows that I think she has feelings for him.
I’m not sure if there’s more to the story. It just seems weird that a stranger would be hostile towards me when she doesn’t even know me, and it’s not her wanting Fred for herself. Why are girls so catty? It’s so stupid and I hate it.
I mean, I didn’t really like her, but I didn’t attempt to put her in her place. Gosh, I wish I was a guy, it’s so much easier.

3 Comments:
Guys just cry. Crying solves everything.
I think it has to do with her being a lawyer. Our whole legal department is like that. They are always trying to put people in their place. They think everything is an arguement and they always have to WIN. Even when they are obviously and absolutely wrong.
My co-worker once (and never again) tried to be aimiable to a layer: She said to the lawyer "nice to meet you" .. and the lawyer said in a very nonchalant way "yup. nice to meet me." and walked off! Who talks like that?
Anyway, add a guy in the mix and you get a very bad situation. I think the less you say to people like this, the better. ... Can you take her down? Need some help? ;P
You're right.. Girls do suck.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home