OH YUCK!!
I had a break in my schedule today, so I decided to do some reading in preparation for tomorrow’s hospital day. OH YUCK!! We’re learning to do breast and pelvic exams. We were given websites to read over that describe and illustrate the processes. Okay, breast exam, not such a big deal, but the pelvic/vaginal stuff – gross!!
I’ve never had one done myself, so maybe that’s why I’m freaking so much. One of my friends back home is all excited about me becoming a doctor, cuz then she’ll be able to get the Pill without a PAP smear. I never understood the big deal. Now I understand!! Those metal tong-like things do not look like they should be brought even remotely close to where they are used.
At least we’ll be learning on mannequins, but I think I’m going to be sitting with my legs crossed very tightly for the next while.

3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deleted comments? hmmm, I guess that's what you get for posting a XXX rated entry. :P
Oh how I enjoy reading your blog. :P
Take care!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home