far far away

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Arrggghhhh, it's almost over!!

I just received a mass email from Jeff my tutor (like an RA), and now I'm sad. It was a farewell email, and to wish first years luck on our upcoming exam. (the second year med students have already finished their exams.) Everything's coming to an end already. I've been away from home for over 10 months already, but it really doesn't feel like that long.

In our program, you only spend two years on campus, and then two years in the community -- in both hospital and GP settings. There are also some students who are in the rural stream, and they spend their entire third year in a rural setting. My tutor's one of those in the rural stream, so he won't even be in Canberra next year. It sucks, cuz he's a pretty cool guy. He held tutorials for us, and they were pretty thorough, and would give us a pretty good idea of what to know, and what the test would be like. And he's a freakin' encyclopaedia!

Haha! He's also known as "hot Jeff." There's another Jeff at college who's a little nerdlier, so it makes sense. Also cuz he really is good looking -- tall, blonde, athletic. Smart, soft-spoken, and quite humble too. There were rumours that he was going to become a priest at some point. And another rumour that he refused to attend lectures/labs that involved the female reproductive anatomy.

Gosh, I sound like I'm gushing! I'm just saying he's a good guy, someone I wish I could've gotten to know better. People are already moving on and saying goodbye ... but I only got here!!

Life is happening too fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home