far far away

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Australia is a weird place. It's so close to being the same as home, but it's not. There are some aspects of it that seem so backward, and others that just tick me off.

Racial issues are still present here. Back in December there were a series of racially-fuelled riots. Since I was back home at the time, I didn't see or hear too much on it, but was still shocked. But a week or two ago, there were a bunch of documentaries about it... some of the ideas in peoples' heads are just whack, and actions that people took seem so barbaric.

On a lighter note, here's a tidbit. This weekend was supposed to be the time change (fall back) in Australia. However, due to the Commonwealth Games and the confusion that arises with time changes, they've post-poned it a week. Hahaha!! They are obsessed with sport over here. And it shows, they ruled the games. Did anyone watch the games? Some of the sports are weird!

Oh! There's also an anti-US vibe here. They speak of americans as being rude, aggressive, competitive, etc. But this weekend, I had people pushing me around, and very blatantly cutting in line ahead of me. The next time someone speaks ill of american people, I'm gonna blow my top. I know I'm not american, but they're our neighbour. It's neighbourly love. Can you tell I wanna move home? :D

Can you believe this photos from 6 years ago? Where the heck does the time go? I feel like this was only yesterday... I sound old.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK THE SAME, MAYBE EVEN A FEW YEARS YOUNGER

April 04, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

who wrote that?
last night i told two of my friends that i'm turning 27 this year -- they seriously thought i was lying. what a riot!

April 18, 2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home