far far away

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Welcome 2006!!

Happy New Year to you!

I've been back home in Toronto for over 3 weeks now, and I've got less than 2 more weeks to go. Already, I can feel the tears building up, ready to spill out as it gets closer to the 14th of January. How am I supposed to leave home again, when I know it's gonna be for such a long time? And how am I supposed to leave everyone again, when it's wonderful being home and amongst loved ones? I kinda don't want to go back.

But I love school, and I miss Fred. Other than that, there's not much in Australia that's particularly important to me. Socially, I don't really feel like I've met/made soulmates/lifelong friends yet. Maybe this year will be different!

When I first got home, I didn't see many people outside of my family. Now that everyone's on vacation, it's been great! I've met up with lots of friendly faces, but there are still a few more to tick off my list. I sometimes feel a little pressured to spend more time with my family -- it has to make up for a whole year. Why is Australia so damn far away? Earlier today I was thinking that maybe I should have gone to an American school, I'd be back way more often, and it'd be easier for people to visit me. But stupid me, didn't even want to consider the US. I hope I can come back for residency.

Christmas was good. I actually spent it in Ottawa this year with my mom's new family. I was really touched by it all, each family (Brent's 3 of 4 siblings were there) were considerate enough to get me a gift, eventhough I barely know them. They really made an effort to make me feel included.

Haha, the only person to not really get me a gift is my mother! She said she'd go shopping with me, and buy me stuff that way, but it's yet to happen. I was thisclose to getting something today. The HP iPAQ 2490 -- unfortunately it's sold-out everywhere. I'm not holding my breath, but my mom got a raincheque for it, and new shipments are supposed to be in within the week. I'll let you know if I get one, otherwise assume that I didn't. :D

I've still got a trip to the Science Centre to cross off my list. We might be going this week -- "we" being myself, my daddy, my brother and his girlfriend. Isn't that cute? Maybe my dad can bring his gf too! I wonder if my grandma would want to come, or whether she'd find it too gross.

Sorry, just random thoughts as usual. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home