far far away

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Easter!

I keep on typing "eater" when I mean to type "easter".

So I've just experienced a very chocolately easter. The chocolate eggs have been absolutely everywhere this year. People just go nuts around here.

Right now I've got a week's vacation. For now I'm in Canberra "studying", but on Thursday, Fred and I will be heading down to Melbourne for a short visit.

So far, not much studying has been done. On Friday I went down to the coast with some people from class. One of the first year med students went with her family -- navy husband, and two kids aged 2 and 3. They are so cute! The girl who's 3, will tell you where rainbows come from: refraction of light. How crazy is that?!

Sunday, Fred and I checked out the War Memorial, and Quenbeyan, a neighbouring town, where we enjoyed some Hungry Jacks (= Burger King) by the riverside. Funny how you can travel so far, and still get a whopper.

Yesterday we had an Easter/schnitzel party. There were about 20 ppl, 6 kg of chicken, 3 salads, 4 platters of roaster veggies, 3 desserts, and lotsa mashed potatoes. There is so much food leftover, apparently people didn't eat their allotted 3 pieces of schnitzel.

It's getting COLD here. And it sucks, cuz I keep on hearing how the weather's getting nice back home. Blah! I'm already sleeping with two heavy blankets on top of me, and I still wake up freezing. My silly heater only works for 2 hours at a time, so I'll never be able to wake up all toasty.

Okay, I better do some work before my trip. I'll try to post pictures.

Oh! I forgot to mention. On our way back from Quenbeyan, I saw a woman on the sidewalk walking a donkey. On the sidewalk!! What a weird place this is!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bea,

post some pics up!!!

May 03, 2006 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home